“FIRST® is supported by a strong network of corporations, foundations, educational and professional institutions, and individuals. This support, including financial contributions, in-kind donations, employee volunteerism and mentoring, provides vital resources for FIRST organizational growth, and is a testimony to the value found in FIRST programs.”
ECIA supports the FIRST Robotics Competition® by:
- soliciting the donation of parts for certain built components included in the Kit of Parts to over 3,000 teams
- inviting FRC® teams to industry events and introducing them to industry opportunities
- encouraging member companies to promote volunteering and mentoring at the local level
Members Supporting FIRST®
Check out some member videos and see how they support this important program:
Kit of Parts
Wonder what teams receive in their Kit of Parts? Not only the items pictured here, but also a Virtual Kit with information, software and links to download for important information.
Some ECIA member companies donate directly to the KoP with components or vouchers - or they donate through ECIA's support of the assembly. FIRST tells us what they need to build the 3,000+ units and our generous members donate.
2018 FIRST® Supporters
The following companies have donated components to the 2017 Bill of Materials or provided other support to FIRST® team:
Catalyst Sales Inc.
C & K Components
Dove Electronic Components
KEMET Electronics Corporation
KOA Speer Electronics
Newark element 14
O’Donnell Associates North
Ohmite Manufacturing Company
Rohm Semiconductors, USA
Should your company be on this impressive list? Please send us an email and let us know what your company has done to support FIRST®!
Sponsorship offers many company benefits:
- Strengthens a company reputation in the community
- Builds a technologically literate work force
- Creates a pipeline for interns and future employees
- Provides rich employee volunteer opportunities
- Provides renewed inspiration to company engineers and employees
- Provides employee team building and training opportunities and increases positive feelings for employers