The Supply Chain Council (SCC) provides a forum to develop and discuss business and supply chain issues that drive best practices within our industry. The SCC members on this council work to identify common global problems and issues, formally organize committees to address the issues, provide direction and guidance, and then help drive implementation. This activity results in the production of guidelines, specifications, or position papers for the electronic components industry. The Council is made up of 10 Distributors, 10 Manufacturers and 1 Manufacturer’s Representative.
The SCC Introductory Presentation provides a more detailed overview of the SCC.
Through a non-competitive, collaborative effort, the council will work to recognize common, global problems and issues within the electronics industry, then formally organize committees to address them and provide direction, guidance and benefit to everyone in the supply chain.
- Drive Adoption and Awareness of SCC Deliverables
- Investigate Impact of Web Pricing
- Explore the impact and opportunity of the industry "disruptors"
- SCC Website Update
SCC focus for 2017 - 2D Barcode, Design Registration, Date Code
- 2D Barcode - Drive use of industry standard label regardless of 2D readiness
- Creating materials to promote Design Registration and Date Code standardization
Some Recent Accomplishments
- Partnered with BCG to standardize industry labeling
- Updated POS Guideline
- Released specification for Labeling - 2D Barcode
- Updated/released two Design Registration Documents: Design Registration Form and Design Registration Best Practices Document
- Released NIGP117 Guideline for Date Code Marketing
- Created a comparison of industry counterfeit documents (AS6496 and DFARS Section 252.246-7007)
- Worked with other standards organizations to update standards for PCN's, EOL, and General Requirements for Authorized Distributors
- Released Product Change Notification Position Paper
- Released 9 training documents
- Updated EDI Transactions
- Released an update to the Guideline for Packing Slips
- Released a position paper on The Roll of Distribution in Providing Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) Reports
- Released documents to help distributors comply with two portions of the SAE's AS6496 standard on counterfeit mitigation
Supply Chain Council Committees
The SCC Committees are made up of subject matter experts and are established to address industry issues identified by the SCC or the ECIA Board. These committees are open to any member company and are announced to the membership as they are established. Please consider having your company participate in any of the committees.
Participating Member Companies
Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Manufacturer’s Representative Members
Staff: Don Elario