The Statistics and Industry Data Committees oversee several programs that collect and provide unique industry data. These include commodity and market segment level sales trends as well as discrete passive electronic components market reports and electronic distribution reports. The primary outputs are the Electronic Component Sales Trends survey (ECST), the MS Series, a collection of 13 individual reports on capacitors, resistors, and inductors that also includes world statistics, and distribution sales by product category (semiconductor, passive, electromechanical and display sales).
(NOTE: In some cases, access to detailed reports varies, depending upon a member company’s level of participation in data sharing.)
The Committees facilitate, enable and enhance the industry data gathering activities of the association through:
- Ongoing evaluation and promotion of current programs
- Recommendation and development of new industry data reporting opportunities
- Progress reports and recommendations to the ECIA Board of Directors and Members at large
- All reports are now published quarterly with the one exception being the World Semiconductor Sales Report which is published by SIA monthly.
- ECIA has partnered with the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) to provide enhanced member benefits in industry statistics and data. Has the potential to add forecast capability for the future for our existing passive reports.
- New report comparing Distributor sales (DTAM) of semiconductors to total semiconductor sales (TAM) in the Americas.
- New report which draws comparisons of semiconductor sales and passive component sales of capacitors, inductors and resistors in both units and dollars. This report also compares quarter over quarter and year over year growth in percentage change.
- Implemented the changes to the World Statistics Reports agreed to at the World meeting in Rome. Key change being the breakout of China / Hong Kong from ROW.
- Implemented the changes to the North America passive components reports agreed to during the March PCMS webcast.
- Renew our relationship with SIA for 2018.
- Add key interconnect distributors to the DTAM Report.
- Complete a membership survey for statistics report improvements to enhance membership value. In discussion with Vault to help us with this project. Key survey points:
- Industry Sales & Shipment Programs
- Operational Bench Marketing Programs
- Economic Outlook & Analysis
- 84% of those surveyed in a recent Vault survey (Council of Manufacturers Association) viewed their association reports as the leading source of information on their industry
- Successfully host the World Passive Trade Statistics Meeting in Atlanta in June of 2018
- Strengthen the Americas and World Resistor Reports adding key Taiwanese suppliers
Passive Components Statistics Committee
KOA Speer Electronics, Inc.
Murata Electronics, N.A. Inc.
Stackpole Electronics, Inc.
TDK Corporation of America
Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.
For more information about the committee contact:Passive Components Statistics Committee Chair: Steve Maloy
Electronic Distribution Statistics Committee
Staff: Jim Bruorton